Where & When Does Good News Club Meet?
Good News Clubs meet anywhere there are children: public elementary schools, neighborhood clubhouses, people’s homes and community centers. We want to make it easy and convenient for them to attend, since children are not able to drive themselves to church! Good News Club’s serve as a link between the church and the child’s home, bringing the Good News of Jesus right to where they are.
The club meets every week (on a set day of the week) for 1.5 hours during the school year, September through April. That is a small investment of time, but has a BIG impact! Note: Only children with parental permission can attend.
Who Teaches in Good News Club
Christians who are concerned for children work together, volunteering their time and energy to teach Good News Club.
They are trained by Child Evangelism Fellowship to have a club that is exciting and informative so that children will want to keep coming each week. Teachers are asked to sign the CEF Statement of Faith and agree to abide by the policies of the organization. Adults working with the program are screened according to our child protection policy.
How can you get involved?
There are several opportunities to be involved with a Good News Club®:
- Pray for the children and teachers in the club.
- Become a club teacher or helper. Click here for more information.
- Start a Good News Club at a school or in your community. Please contact CEF of Cobb if interested in doing so.
- Financially scholarship a Good News Club
How will a Good News Club benefit your child?
Good News Club can have a life-long impact on your child. Through the Good News Club your child will:
- Hear the Gospel clearly presented in ways children can understand
- Learn biblical principles
- Learn moral values
- Develop strong character
- Learn respect for authority
- Develop leadership qualities
- Build strong relationships with peers and adult leaders
Is there any cost for my child to attend?
There is no charge for your child to attend. An optional missionary offering may be taken each week.
Will my child be safe?
CEF® has taken specific steps to ensure the safety of your child. All club workers have been carefully screened as required by CEF’s child protection policy.